Freitag, 19. September 2014

Summary of the flight to SA and the arrival at Inkwenkwezi



Dear Friends!
Sorry for making you all wait so long but I had no WIFI in the bush!!!
You can now sit back and enjoy!

Here is the summary of the flight to SA and the arrival at Inkwenkwezi.

============================
Friday, Sept. 12th I left Zurich in the evening to Johannesburg. The plane was pretty full again. I sat next to a SA business man who sells German medical equipment in SA. We had a nice chat all along. 
For the first time I got proper food on a Swiss flight. Usually they would give me some vegan stuff but this time I got a lovely dinner (gnocchi with various veggies) and a nice breakfast. Well done, Swiss!
As I arrived in Jo’burg the first thing I did was to re-check my luggage on the national flight to East London and then I went to Vodacom to get a SIM card and a pre-paid card. Then I went through passport control to terminal E and had a light lunch while waiting for my connection. As I sat there the Springboks lost 10 to 14 to the All Blacks. Sad!!!
 
The plane to East London was small enough - probably less than 70 seats. I sat next to German woman who has been living the past 2 years in East London because her husband works for Daimler. It was interesting for me to hear what it is like for Europeans to live in SA. She was actually quite happy about it and enjoyed going to national parks and game reserves a lot.

As I arrived in East London, my taxi driver was waiting for me. We had a long enough drive to Inkwenkwezi and he was a nice guy to chat with. So we could also exchange jokes about SA politicians. After 45 minutes we arrived at Inkwenkwezi. 

View of the gate from inside the reserve

He drove me up the reception and there was my guide already waiting for me!!!! 
My guide is called Branden. He is an Afrikaans-speaking guy from East London. Although he is very young, 21, I felt at ease right away. The other guide I met is called Greg and he has been looking after a German couple from Hamburg and has also taken care of me at times. The advantage of us being so few means we get to go exactly where we want. Both guides are super friendly and relaxed and also knowledgeable about the wildlife.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen