Samstag, 20. September 2014

Bye bye Inkwenkwezi!



The next day I got up at 5 and Branden picked me up just before 6. As we had almost arrived at the gate of the reserve he remembered that no-one had given up the key to open the gate!!! So here we were on the one side of the gate and my cab on the other side. Branden suggested jokingly that if I felt like an adrenalin kick I could just climb over the gate!!! Of course, it would not have been possible or it is something I might have considered if I had a bunch of lions at my back. So he had to make some calls so someone would turn up with the key. Since we still had plenty time until take-off I did not worry. In the end I made it on time at East London airport.
The plane was quite small but not full. Since the weather was rainy, we had a bit of a shaky ride but by the time we reached Cape Town the weather had improved. At CPT I only had 1.5 hours before take-off for George Airport. As I arrived at the gate, the stewardess asked me, “Do you know how many you are on that plane today?”, of course I did not. She then said we were only 3!!! That was cool! The plane was even smaller than the one before but at least the flight went more smoothly. I even got to make some good pictures of the coast below. 


At George Airport I found out that my suitcase has not followed so I had to fill out a document and then luckily enough they managed to forward me the suitcase on the same evening. Zacchary from Dolphin’s cabs was waiting for me and then we set for Knysna Elephant Park (KEP). It is quite a long ride, because it is about 90 km away. I had a nice chat with Zacchary who is the younger brother of Johann, the owner of Dolphin’s cabs. Johann is the cab driver who drives around the KEP volunteers, so of course I know him too.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen