Samstag, 21. September 2013

Waiting for the cab to Amakhala at the Vic in PE



Good morning everyone!
At the moment I am at the Vic in PE waiting for my cab to Amakhala.
Yesterday was my last day at KEP.
I got up at 6 to join the morning walk and we were very lucky with the weather, so I could take some nice pics of the ellies.
Since I was leaving at 1 p.m. I made sure to spend as much time with the ellies and my friends on the field.
It was not easy to leave but I got to spend some quality time with Mashudu and give him a good rub on the forehead. :o)
I really love KEP, the ellies and the people working there. To anyone going to SA, please pay them a visit, you are gonna love it!



A last rub on Mashudu's forehead


I got a cab to Plett and I had to wait quite a bit 'cos the bus from Cape Town was delayed of about 40 minutes. At the bus stop I chatted with a local whose grandfather used to own some land which now belongs for KEP. It is such a small world!
The bus we got was not a double-decker as I had expected and the seats were not very comfortable. Somehow my back managed to survive the four-hour journey to PE. My cab driver contacted me to check about the bus delay and I was able to book him for a later time.
Luckily enough the hotel was just 10 minutes away from the Intercape offices, so I was at the hotel before 8:30 p.m. The Vic is located in a large mansion on the Cape Road and has huge rooms with high ceilings. It looks really nice and the price is really cheap compared to European standards, approx. EUR 55/night incl. breakfast.
So, in about an hour's time, I will be on my way to Amakhala and I really hope I get to write you some cool stories about the wildlife there and show you loads of good pictures.
Cheers!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen