Mittwoch, 18. September 2013

A windy day at KEP



Yesterday was a super sunny day and I got a little colour. Today is windy and there was some drizzle this morning as I got up at 6!!!!

Last night I ate out in Plett with 3 of my "buddies", Geoffrey, Aubrey and Andrew. We had a lovely time together and it was really nice to be able to chat about everything and anything and hear their point of view on animal conservation in Africa which is a topic I am very much interested in.




Andrew, me, Aubrey and Oom Geoffrey

On the way back to the park, our cab got stopped by a police car and I really wondered what could be the problem but the policeman just wanted a friendly chat with the cab driver whose uncle he is befriended with. Well, at least it was a good reason to be pulled over!!! ;oP


This morning I joined the morning walk again and I enjoyed hanging out with the ellies and the guides on a field very much. Later on I went back to the field with a bucket full of veggies and fruits so that I could feed the ellies again. It is a lot of fun, especially with Sally always stretching out her trunk so far out to catch any piece she can get. You feel their warm breath on your hand and it just feels good to me!
There were several schools visiting the park today. Some of the kids were trying hard to smile at the camera while feeling very much scared at the same time, standing right next to one of the elephants.


Mother and daughter, Nandi and Thandi

My Baby-bull, Mashudu

Tomorrow I will be leaving KEP in the early afternoon to take the bus to Port Elizabeth.

You will not believe my luck but sometimes the coolest things can happen in life!

I will be staying from Friday to Monday at Amakhala Game reserve, in the Eastern Cape. I had booked a tent in the Woodbury tented camp because all the other types of accommodation there were very expensive. As it happens, no-one but me would be at the Woodbury tented camp during my stay. So the lovely people at Amakhala suggested that I upgrade my stay to another accommodation, which is called Woodbury Lodge, http://www.amakhala.co.za/lodges/6-woodbury-lodge, a much fancier place to stay for sure, since it costs per night around EUR 100 more than the other place!!! So there I will be, staying in a better place for little money!!! Isn't that cool?
I can already say now that I am gonna miss KEP very much. Everybody has been very friendly to me, with many guides remembering me from last year. So, of course, I will be back since it is a bit like my family here. :o)
Wish you all a good evening wherever you are!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen